Hello parents and grandparents! Welcome to my Skytech ST-ARCH-II-002 Archangel Gaming Computer review. This PC gaming console meets all the requirements for a good gaming PC and is another one of my top rated gaming PCs.
If you have never visited my site, then you should know that I have a son; and for all of you parents and grandparents out there who are continuously challenged as I am, we do what we can to accommodate for our sons and grandsons development and enjoyment. You should also know that I never review a product that I would not purchase myself on behalf of my son. I have read the reviews from customers who have used this product so that I may better help you to make the right decision.
Getting started, I would just like to mention that this gaming PC is an all-around great machine. Let’s take a look…
Some of the features:
- Your son or grandson will be ecstatic once they experience the power of the advanced AMD’s quad-core Ryzen 3 processor. The dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 with 8GB Ram series graphic card powered by Pascal architecture delivers extraordinary resolution and much smoother FPS (frames per second) than ever before; and combined, these two features will enable your son or grandson to play the most popular games out there in 1080p resolution; look below…
The Good: Price
The Bad: Wifi USB adaptor
My Overall Take: This PC gaming console is designed to please and will excite your son or grandson with an amazing gaming experience, boasting optimized 1080p resolution gaming –imagine that! The price is something that you parents and grandparents can get excited about because this machine packs a lot of value as well. Check it out!
Let’s get started with the technical data…
What’s in the Tower:
- AMD RYZEN 5 1400 4-Core 3.2 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo)
- 1 TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
- Serial ATA-600
- A320 Micro-ATX Motherboard
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM 2400 Gaming Memory
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- 1 ea. Dual-link DVI
- 1 ea. DisplayPort (version 1.4)
- 1 ea. HDMI
- 4 ea. USB 2.0
- 5 ea. USB 3.0
- Power by 80 Plus Certified 500 Watt Power Supply
- Wi-Fi Ready: 802.11bgn
- No bloatware
Item Dimensions L x W x H: 20.2 x 8.5 x 18.2 inches
Item Weight: 26 pounds
What’s comes with the tower:
- Gaming Keyboard & Mouse
- 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free US Technical Support | Assemble in the USA
- The lighting in the case is ascetically pleasing, and you can choose between one of the two colors when ordering, either red or blue.
- This gaming PC also comes equipped with a RGB lighted gaming keyboard which lights up like a rainbow; and mouse. The sun button on the keyboard turns on the LEDs; and the function key gives the keys a nice pulsating effect. The mouse has a DPI button, and 2 side buttons for back and forward.
The price is right if you are looking for performance and value as this gaming PC is built to run; and with regard to performance, this machine is designed to excite and please. Did I mention the reliability of this system, because that is something else to get excited about, as it is a work horse. Although this system is not silent, it does run very quietly. It’s also comforting to know that when we make a purchase, the company has our back, especially when we are spending a considerable amount; and Skytech does exactly that as they are very serious about their customer service and tech support. Finally, Amazon ships this gaming PC so your son or grandson should expect fast delivery. To sum it up - what else can we ask for as consumers?
Skyteck Gaming takes pride in the hand-built gaming PCs that they deliver, and take great care when installing the newest PC gaming technology into each one; as they are designed and hand-built right here in the U.S.A. When you purchase a gaming PC from SkyTech, they want you to walk away feeling good about it, and confident that you have a great product in addition to their guaranteed lifetime support from knowledgeable specialists who are here for you every step of the way.
This machine comes equipped with a USB wifi adaptor which isn’t the greatest when compared to a wifi card because it does not have as many antennas as a wifi card, thus it does not provide better range or a more stable signal strength; however it is more convenient to use because all you need is a USB port to use it. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but this machine comes with a 1 TB 7200rpm hard disk drive (HDD) which is mechanical and has moving parts, so it has considerably slower loading times than a solid state device (SSD), which has no moving parts; and once you’ve tried both, the difference is quite noticeable. Literally, only a few customers received their gaming PC with the wrong processor, and a few more experienced it not working right out of the box. Having such a high rating, it is challenging to find a lot of faults that are consistent with this awesome machine.
2 factors for a good gaming experience:
- The first factor is to have a PC gaming console that can deliver about 50 to 60 FPS (Frames Per Second), typically 60 FPS is optimal for playing PC games. If your FPS is low, expect your gaming experience to be slow and laggy; thus the higher the FPS, the “smoother” and more enjoyable your gameplay will be. Imagine running most games at 1080p at high to ultra-high settings with 60FPS+ without any issues; most of the modern-day games currently available on the market today. With regards to having a good gaming experience, it cannot be stressed enough when talking about the importance of FPS, so for all of you parents or grandparents that are considering getting a gaming PC for your son or grandson, please keep this in mind.
- If you are playing online, the other important factor is to have good internet speed; which should be at least 12 Mbps, but 20 Mbps is better; and a ping rate of 100-150 ms would work, but a 20 ms or below would be ideal. Check your speed: (http://www.speedtest.net/). In conclusion, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, so if “both” the PC gaming console and internet connection are solid – your son or grandson will have a wonderful and exciting online gaming experience.
Things to know / Tips:
- If you prefer to use wifi, this machine comes with a USB Wifi network adapter that you can plug to get the wireless connection, not a wifi card; however, this is a gaming PC and an Ethernet cable should be your first choice.
- Although not necessary, replacing the HHD with a SSD will increase the overall speed of this machine; if you consider upgrading in the future.
- Customer service & tech support
- Fast shipping
- Wifi USB adaptor
- Hard disk drive (HDD)
My Overall Take:
This is an awesome PC gaming console that would give your son or grandson an amazing gaming experience, and functions nicely as a normal PC as well. Speed, performance, and reliability are all built in, satisfying its requirements for a good gaming PC and making it on my list of top rated gaming PCs.
Click the link below to see all the reviews on Amazon, and I’m sure you will like what these customers are saying as well.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my Skytech Gaming ST-ARCH-II-002 Archangel Gaming Computer Desktop PC review and I look forward to helping you out again, and again in the future.