Hello parents and grandparents! Welcome to my Everything You Need to Ace World History in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide review; another resource guide in this fine series that qualifies as one of my best books for middle school boys.
If you have never visited my site, then you should know that I have a son; and for all of you parents and grandparents out there who are continuously challenged as I am, we do what we can to accommodate for our son's and grandson's development and enjoyment. You should also know that I never review a product that I would not purchase myself on behalf of my son. I have read the reviews from customers who have read this book so that I may better help you to make the right decision.
First off, I’d like to mention that this book is part of a series of five great reference study guides that get it done – check it out!
- Well-designed reference guide
- The Bad: No index
My overall take: A fine study guide and one of my good books for raising boys, because this book like others in this nice series of resource guides makes something challenging fun and enjoyable, as it will attract your son's or grandson's attention, and keep it as they successfully navigate their way through world history.
This study guide’s design will helps boys to grasp on to something that they have no interest in, as they slowly get engulfed in it and begin to endlessly page their way through this colorful, simple to read book with all its illustrations, graphs, and maps, while simultaneously satisfying their school curriculum. Additionally and not surprisingly, this highly recommended resource guide is accepted and loved by those who use it, which makes it ideal for both formal classroom middle school and home schooled students.
There is no index in the back as you might expect, so do not bother looking for it; which may make the journey somewhat more challenging for your son(s) or grandson(s) to navigate through this guide. However, the table of contents points out the chapters/sections which are color-coded, self-contained and complete once you get there. Errors do exist in this book, but apparently not so many that it has prevented parents or grandparents from picking it up for their son(s) or grandson(s). Some parents have expressed their concerns regarding the content and the omission of specific events in history, as well as the theory of evolution.
- This book is designed to appeal to middle schoolers and built so that you think you are looking at the notebook of the typical grade “A” student class nerd because it seems to be totally complete with regards to its underlined and hi-lighted facts, illustrations, lists, graphs, quizzes & answers, maps and more - unbelievable!
- The pages are designed to be engaging using a nice assortment of vibrant colors to pleasingly attract your son's or grandson's attention as they page their way through the guide.
- Questions and answers are easily found at the end of each chapter/section, so you can quickly check your knowledge, and not in the back of the book, but instead on the very next page after the questions - maybe a little too easy?
- Well-designed reference guide
- Loved and highly recommended
- Great for classroom middle/home schoolers
- No index
- Content omissions and evolution
My Overall Take:
A fine study guides that qualifies as one of my best books for middle school boys, because this book like others in this nice series of resource guides makes something challenging fun and enjoyable. Hey parents/grandparents! Do you hear - “I need help” more often than not? Do yourself a favor and help your son(s) or grandson(s) to help themselves, and you will see the direct benefit which is a very good thing for everyone involved.
Go to Amazon and check out all the reviews for yourself so you can see what parents and grandparents are saying about this book – you will like what they are saying.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my Everything You Need to Ace World History in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide review and I look forward to helping you out again and again in the future.