Hello parents and grandparents! Welcome to my Everything You Need to Ace Science in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide review; a resource guide that qualifies as one of my best books for middle school boys and part of a series of five great reference study guides that get it done!
If you have never visited my site, then you should know that I have a son; and for all of you parents and grandparents out there who are continuously challenged as I am, we do what we can to accommodate for our son's and grandson's development and enjoyment. You should also know that I never review a product that I would not purchase myself on behalf of my son. I have read the reviews from customers who have read this book so that I may better help you to make the right decision.
First of all, I must say that after reading the reviews, I was extremely impressed with what parents are saying about this book and how it has helped their son(s) to successfully get through science, and just one more of my good books for raising boys.
- The Good: Fun, easy to read and understand
- The Bad: Could provide more in-depth explanations
My overall take: If your son(s) or grandson(s) needs assistance with science, this book will definitely help them to understand it while having fun at the same time, as it provides the information using colorful illustrations and graphs which makes it far more interesting. A great supplemental resource guide for formal classroom middle schoolers and those who are home schooled.
Parents seem to agree that this book would make an excellent resource for your son(s) or grandson(s) who are between the ages of 9-13, whether they attend a formal classroom setting or are schooled at home because it presents the information in a fun and easy to read format that captures their sons’ attention, which is instrumental in helping them to succeed. Secondly, this book is recommended by teachers which says a lot about its value, and the fact that so many students love it, makes it all that much better.
There is no index in the back as you might expect which may make it more challenging for your son(s) or grandson(s) to get around inside this guide. However, the table of contents points out the chapters/sections which are color-coded, self-contained and complete once you arrive. There are areas of the book that some parents feel should be explained in more detail, but let us not forget that it is designed to assist middle schoolers. An inaccuracy in this book was pointed out by a teacher, but many other teachers have praised this book and use it regularly.
- This book is designed to appeal to middle schoolers and built so that you think you are looking at the notebook of the typical grade “A” student class nerd because it seems to be totally complete with regards to its underlined and hi-lighted facts, illustrations, lists, graphs, quizzes & answers, and more - unbelievable!
- The pages are designed to be engaging using a nice assortment of vibrant colors to pleasingly attract your son's or grandson's attention as they page their way through the guide.
- Questions and answers are easily found at the end of each chapter/section, so you can quickly check your knowledge, and not in the back of the book, but instead on the very next page after the questions - maybe a little too easy?
- Fun, easy to read and understand
- Recommended by teachers
- No index
- Could provide more in-depth explanations
My Overall Take:
This book qualifies as one of my best books for middle school boys and would make a very nice addition to any middle schoolers reference materials because it provides a wealth of scientific information through fun, and understandable easy reading - a must have! How often when your son(s) or grandson(s) are doing their homework do you hear – “I need help? This study guide will enable them to help themselves which makes it really nice for us parents, and grandparents.
Click on the link below to look at the all the reviews on Amazon so you can see what parents and grandparents are saying about this.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my Everything You Need to Ace Science in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide review and I look forward to helping you out again and again in the future.