Hello parents and grandparents! Welcome to my Everything You Need to Ace English Language Arts in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide review; another resource tool that qualifies as one of my best books for middle school boys and part of a series of five great reference study guides that get it done!
If you have never visited my site, then you should know that I have a son; and for all of you parents and grandparents out there who are continuously challenged as I am, we do what I can to accommodate for our son's and grandson's development and enjoyment. You should also know that I never review a product that I would not purchase myself on behalf of my son. I have read the reviews from customers who have read this book so that I may better help you to make the right decision.
I was very impressed with what parents are saying about this book and how it has helped their son to successfully get through English Language Arts while also actually enjoying it at the same time – imagine that!
- The Good: Fun, easy to understand
- The Bad: No index
My overall take: Does your son or grandson need help with English Language Arts? This resource study guide is put together in a way that presents the information using a fun and easy to understand format that will attract your son's or grandson's attention, and keep it!
Its unanimous - parents agree that this book would make a great addition to your 9-13 year old son's or grandson’s collection of school books as a supplemental guide to help them better understand English Language Arts, and in a way that is fun and enjoyable. Also, this book is genuinely loved and accepted by those who use it. This reference guide would be ideal for both formal middle classroom students as well as those who are home schooled, and would help them to better understand the English language and succeed.
There is no index in the back of this book, so don't waste your time looking; this may make it more challenging for your son(s) or grandson(s) to find their way through this guide? However, the table of contents points out the color-coded chapters/sections which are self-contained and complete once you go there. Some errors exist and have been pointed out, but not so many that it has stopped parents and grandparents from picking it up for their son(s) or grandson(s).
- This book is designed to appeal to middle school students and built in such a way that you think you are looking at a typical grade “A” student class nerd notebook because it has it all with regards to the underlined and hi-lighted facts, illustrations, lists, graphs, quizzes & answers, and more - unbelievable!
- The pages are designed to be engaging using a nice assortment of vibrant colors to pleasingly attract your son's or grandson's attention as they page their way through the guide.
- Questions and answers are easily found at the end of each chapter/section, so you can quickly check your knowledge, and not in the back of the book as one might expect, but instead on the very next page after the questions - maybe making it a little too easy?
- Great resource guide
- Genuinely loved by all
- For formal classroom middle/ home schoolers
- No index
My Overall Take:
This study guide qualifies as one of my good books for raising boys and would nicely complement your son’s or grandson’s reference materials, as it is designed for middle schoolers and put together so that it makes it fun and easy to learn - a definite must have for struggling English Language Arts students, and a great resource guide for those who just love it. Do you frequently hear – “I need help!” from your son(s) or grandson(s)? This study guide will help them to help themselves in many cases which translates to a win-win for us parents and grandparents.
Please view all the reviews on Amazon so you can see what parents and grandparents are saying about this book – you will like what you hear.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my Everything You Need to Ace English Language Arts in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide review and I look forward to helping you out again and again in the future.