Hello parents and grandparents! Welcome to my Everything You Need to Ace American History in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide review; a resource guide that qualifies as one of my best books for middle school boys, part of a series of five great reference study guides that get it done!
If you have never visited my site, then you should know that I have a son; and for all of you parents and grandparents out there who are continuously challenged as I am, we do what I can to accommodate for our son's and grandson's development and enjoyment. You should also know that I never review a product that I would not purchase myself on behalf of my son. I have read the reviews from customers who have read this book so that I may better help you to make the right decision.
I was very impressed with what parents are saying about this book and how it has helped their son to successfully get through American history while also actually enjoying it at the same time – imagine that!
- The Good: Fun, easy to understand
- The Bad: No index
My overall take: Great study guides are important in assisting our son(s) or grandson(s) with American history, and this resource guide is designed to provide the information using a fun, easy to read and understand format - and they will love it!
Parents agree that this book would make a great addition to your son's or grandson’s collection of school books as a good resource to guide and help them understand American history in a way that is fun and appealing to them. Also, teachers agree that this is a wonderful book which students genuinely love and accept. The title says it all “Complete Middle School Study Guide,” which is designed to assist both formal classroom middle schoolers and home schoolers alike.
There is no index in the back as you might expect, so do not bother looking; which may make the journey a bit more challenging for your as they navigate their way through this guide. However, the table of contents points out the chapters/sections which are color-coded, self-contained and complete once you arrive there. Some people seem to feel that this book could be more detailed with regards to the explanations, but we must also remember what problem these books are designed to assist middle schoolers. Inaccuracies are present in this book, but not so many that it discouraged parents and grandparents from getting it for their son(s) or grandson(s).
- This book is designed to appeal to middle schoolers and built so that you think you are looking at the notebook of the typical grade “A” student class nerd because it seems to be totally complete with regards to its underlined and hi-lighted facts, illustrations, lists, graphs, quizzes & answers, maps and more - unbelievable!
- The pages are designed to be engaging using a nice assortment of vibrant colors to pleasingly attract your son's or grandson's attention as they page their way through the guide.
- Questions and answers are easily found at the end of each chapter/section, so you can quickly check your knowledge, and not in the back of the book, but instead on the very next page after the questions - maybe a little too easy?
- Fun, easy to understand
- Teacher approved!
- For formal classroom middle/ home schoolers
- No index
- Could provide more in-depth explanations
My Overall Take:
This study guide also qualifies as one of my good books for raising boys because it is designed to make it fun and easy to understand. A definite must have for struggling American History students, and one that would nicely compliment your son’s or grandson’s reference materials. Tell me - do you often hear – “I need help!” from your son(s) or grandson(s)? This study guide will help them to learn on their own, which can be a very good thing for us parents and grandparents…
Check out all the reviews on Amazon so you can see what parents and grandparents are saying about this book – you will be impressed!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my Everything You Need to Ace American History in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide review and I look forward to helping you out again and again in the future.