Hello parents and grandparents! Welcome to my CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8060A5 review, and one more of my top rated gaming PCs. First of all, I must say that after reading the reviews, I was truly impressed with its performance and value.
If you have never visited my site, then you should know that I have a son; and for all of you parents and grandparents out there who are continuously challenged as I am, we do what we can to accommodate for our sons and grandsons development and enjoyment. You should also know that I never review a product that I would not purchase myself on behalf of my son. I have read the reviews from customers who have used this product so that I may better help you to make the right decision.
Some of the features:
- This gaming PC will excite your son or grandson, as it has been tested to support both the HTC VIVE with Steam VR and the Oculus Rift VR; or more simply, it will immerse them in a VR experience, and they will feel the difference.
- The GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card incorporates new and innovative gaming technologies so your son or grandson can enjoy a gaming experience previously unknown, with up to 3x the performance of older style generation graphic cards. Combining the technology of the GeForce GTX GPUs and Game Ready NVIDIA drivers creates a whole new unimaginable level with fast performance and low lag. This machine packs a punch, check this out…
The Good: Performance and speed
The Bad: Broken side glass panel
My overall take: This PC gaming console is built for speed, performance, reliability, and value; and CYBERPOWERPC systems are the preferred choice of top gamers. Imagine playing many of your favorite games in 1080p at high to ultra-high settings with 60FPS+ consistently.
Let’s get started with the technical data…
What’s in the Tower:
- Intel Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core
- Intel B360 Express Chipset
- 8GB DDR4
- 120GB SSD
- 1TB HDD
- Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Video Card
- 1 ea. DVI
- 1 ea. HDMI
- 1 ea. DisplayPort
- USB 3.1
- 2 ea. USB 2.0
- 1 ea. RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000
- 1 ea. 802.11AC PCI-e WiFi Adapter (special feature)
- 1 Channel
What comes with the Tower:
- Gaming Keyboard and 7-Color Gaming Mouse Combo
- 1 Year Warranty: Parts & Labor & Free Lifetime Tech Support
Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA-600
Hard Drive: 1024 GB 7200 RPM SATA III
Hard Drive Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
Item Weight: 27.4 pounds
Item Dimensions L x W x H: 18.5 x 7.9 x 17.9 inches
Computer Memory Type: DDR4 SDRAM
Flash Memory Size: 120.0
- This system contains the Intel Core i5 processor which incorporates a 120GB SSD as opposed to a HDD which is awesome because it essentially puts power where your son or grandson will need it so much faster, basically, enhancing the speed on every level to maximize performance.
- The GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card incorporates new and innovative gaming technologies so your son or grandson can enjoy a gaming experience previously unknown, with up to 3x the performance of older style generation graphic cards. By combining the technology of the GeForce GTX GPUs and Game Ready NVIDIA drivers creates a whole new unimaginable level with fast performance and low lag.
- This DirectX 12 gaming PC is optimized to offer the most dazzling graphics; and it is also equipped with Windows 10 API’s new features such as faster processing in real-time to produce higher FPS (First Person Shooter – from the players’ perspective) and better graphics to make your sons’ or grandsons’ gaming experience truly pleasurable.
- This 102-key keyboard features 8 different multimedia keys and includes a 3-button 7 RGB color LED backlight gaming mouse with 4000 DPI Optical Sensor.
- This PC gaming console comes equipped with a remote control so your son or grandson will be able to choose various colors; or rotating colors as well on the tower.
Although this PC can perform very well on any level, it is designed and optimized for gaming; it’s CPU and GPU provides the good speed and performance for a great gaming experience. Secondly, it supports VR play. Also, this PC boots up very fast and has no bloatware included. When observing the components, performance, and price, you would be hard-pressed to find a better value.
This machine has a lot to boast about as it is part of the CyberPowerPC family; which is “PC Magazine 2018 Reader's Choice Award for Overall Desktops PCs.” This is probably due to the reputation that CyberPowerPCs are creating with their fast, dependable systems; and being among the highest ratings for overall satisfaction and reliability; while simultaneously building a devoted fan base of happy customers. Additionally, CyberPowerPCs are synonymous with esports and gaming; they are also the official gaming system of many professional gaming organizations; and highly recommended by professionals throughout the gaming world.
There were a few instances where the product was delivered with a broken side glass panel. Also, the fans located on the graphics card tend to be a little loud during intense graphics play; only turning on when the GPU reaches a certain temperature. The CPU tends to run a bit warmer than desired while gaming, perhaps due to using a stock Intel cooler?
2 factors for a good gaming experience:
- The first factor is to have a PC gaming console that can deliver about 50 to 60 FPS (Frames Per Second), typically 60 FPS is optimal for playing PC games. If your FPS is low, expect your gaming experience to be slow and laggy; thus the higher the FPS, the “smoother” and more enjoyable your gameplay will be. Imagine running most games at 1080p at high to ultra-high settings with 60FPS+ without any issues; most of the modern-day games currently available on the market today. With regards to having a good gaming experience, it cannot be stressed enough when talking about the importance of FPS, so for all of you parents or grandparents that are considering getting a gaming PC for your son or grandson, please keep this in mind.
- If you are playing online, the other important factor is to have good internet speed; which should be at least 12 Mbps, but 20 Mbps is better; and a ping rate of 100-150 ms would work, but a 20 ms or below would be ideal. Check your speed: (http://www.speedtest.net/). In conclusion, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, so if “both” the PC gaming console and internet connection are solid – your son or grandson will have a wonderful and exciting online gaming experience.
Things to know / Tips:
- This gaming PC is wifi compatible and comes with a wifi adaptor, and although Wifi is more desirable, this is a gaming PC, so you may want to think about running an Ethernet cable for a uninterrupted and better online gaming experience.
- This PC also comes equipped with a SSD (Solid State Drive) which is so much faster than the older style HDD (Hard Drive Disk), simply because it doesn’t have any moving parts; which has everything to do with speed & performance, a major step up. The jump from HDD to SSD is quite noticeable; and once you have done that, you will never go back!
- The Nvidia GeForce 1060 is the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) for this system and can run 3 separate monitors simultaneously; specialized for display functions, it delivers animations, images and videos to the computer screen; and is located either on the plug-in card in a chipset on the motherboard or in the CPU chipset itself.
- This PC does not come equipped with a CD drive; or sound, so you will need an external source such as speakers, monitor, TV; or you can simply plug in a pair of headsets.
- Yes, this PC does support both the HTC VIVE with Steam VR and the Oculus Rift VR, however you would need to purchase one of these items separately to enjoy the VR feature. May need additional RAM to play VR games that are extremely demanding?
- If for any reason you want to upgrade in the future, no problem, this pc has a lot of room for expansion to include an additional 3 ea. DRAM slots, an additional 2-1/2” SSD & hard drive mounting slots, and a M.2 SSD slot on the motherboard, as well as an extra PCIe (to connect a peripheral device such as a keyboard, printer, etc.) slot.
- If you are using the Oculus Rift with a HDMI as opposed to a DVI cable for your TV, you will need an adapter to make it work properly.
- Customers thinking about building their own gaming PC have stated that after pricing the components alone, without even thinking about the labor or time needed for researching the items said that they could not build one this inexpensively. But, don’t just take my word for it, do your own research.
- The LED's on the fans turn off when the computer is turned off or goes to sleep.
- Finally, the wiring is very nicely routed throughout the tower; and looks clean and professional.
- Performance and speed
- VR Ready
- Boots up fast
- Bloatware not included
- Highly recommended
- Broken side glass panel
- GPU’s fan noise
- CPU may run warmer
My Overall Take:
Based upon the reviews, customers are confirming that CYBERPOWERPC systems are among the top rated gaming PCs everywhere. They are built for speed, performance, reliability, and value; and this PC gaming console follows the trend - your son or grandson will love it!
But please do your research and don't just take my word for it, click on the link below to check out all the reviews on Amazon, and you will be impressed as well.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8060A5 review and I look forward to helping you out again, and again in the future.