Hello parents and grandparents! Welcome to my CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme GXIVR8020A5 review, another one of my top rated gaming PCs designed please and excite.
If you have never visited my site, then you should know that I have a son; and for all of you parents and grandparents out there who are continuously challenged as I am, we do what we can to accommodate for our sons and grandsons development and enjoyment. You should also know that I never review a product that I would not purchase myself on behalf of my son. I have read the reviews from customers who have used this product so that I may better help you to make the right decision.
It is worth mentioning that the mass majority of all those who left reviews were extremely impressed with this gaming PCs price, performance and the overall value.
Some of the features:
- This gaming PC will leave your son or grandson wanting more as it is VR ready and supports both HTC VIVE and Oculus Rift; and the AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB Video Card delivers new and innovative technologies that will immerse them into life-like dimensions where they will enjoy a gaming experience previously unknown.
- The Intel Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6 Core with Intel B360 Chipset is specially designed to put power where it’s needed to maximize the overall performance of this gaming PC on all levels. Check this out…
The Good: Speed & performance
The Bad: Off-brand PSU
My overall take: This PC gaming console is built for speed, performance, reliability, overall value, and is capable of taking your sons or grandsons gaming to a whole new level of excitement.
What’s in the Tower:
- Intel Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core
- Intel B360 Express Chipset
- 8GB DDR4
- 1TB HDD
- Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB Video Card
- 1 ea. DVI
- 1 ea. HDMI
- 2 ea. DisplayPort
- 6 ea. USB 3.1
- 2 ea. USB 2.0
- 1 ea. RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000
- 1 Channel
What comes with the Tower:
- Gaming Keyboard and Mouse
- 1 ea. 802.11AC Wi-Fi USB Adapter (special feature)
- 1 Year Warranty: Parts & Labor & Free Lifetime Tech Support
Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA-600
Hard Drive: 1024 GB 7200 RPM SATA III
Hard Drive Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
Item Weight: 27.8 pounds
Item Dimensions L x W x H: 18.5 x 7.9 x 17.9 inches
Computer Memory Type: DDR4 SDRAM
- New DirectX 12 technology/ Windows 10’s API (application programming interfaces) is designed to support and work with gaming in mind as it processes in real time to enhance the graphics and achieve a higher level of FPS, while simultaneously using less power.
- The tower comes equipped with red led fans which creates a pleasant ambiance, as well as a gaming keyboard and mouse.
Although this PC performs very well on all levels, it is optimized and designed for gaming; and the CPU and GPU provide the solid performance and speed necessary for an amazing gaming experience. Secondly, let’s not forget to mention that this machine has proven reliability as well. Thirdly, this gaming PC supports VR play and comes delivered with no annoying bloatware. When looking at all the quality of the components that go into this machine, and observing the performance as well, you would be hard-pressed to find a better value. This gaming PC is highly recommended by those who are in the know – your peers. Finally, just in case you have the desire to upgrade sometime in the future, there is plenty of room to do so.
This machine has a lot to boast about as it is part of the CyberPowerPC family; which is “PC Magazine 2018 Reader's Choice Award for Overall Desktops PCs.” This is probably due to the reputation that CyberPowerPCs are creating with their fast, dependable systems; and being among the highest ratings for overall satisfaction and reliability; while simultaneously building a devoted fan base of happy customers. Additionally, CyberPowerPCs are synonymous with esports and gaming; they are also the official gaming system of many professional gaming organizations; and highly recommended by professionals throughout the gaming world.
This PC does not come equipped with a CD drive. The power supply units (PSU) are not brand name, and some customers have experienced problems with faulty PSUs; other customers are worried about the longevity because it is an off-brand, and have mentioned their intentions to change it out at a later date. Finally, others customers are not experiencing any problems, and depending on the tower you get will determine what PSU comes with it, as they do vary. Additionally, this gaming PC comes equipped with stock fans which prevents it from being able to overclock the graphics processing unit (GPU) and central processing unit CPU.
2 factors for a good gaming experience:
- The first factor is to have a PC gaming console that can deliver about 50 to 60 FPS (Frames Per Second), typically 60 FPS is optimal for playing PC games. If your FPS is low, expect your gaming experience to be slow and laggy; thus the higher the FPS, the “smoother” and more enjoyable your gameplay will be. Imagine running most games at 1080p at high to ultra-high settings with 60FPS+ without any issues; most of the modern-day games currently available on the market today. With regards to having a good gaming experience, it cannot be stressed enough when talking about the importance of FPS, so for all of you parents or grandparents that are considering getting a gaming PC for your son or grandson, please keep this in mind.
- If you are playing online, the other important factor is to have good internet speed; which should be at least 12 Mbps, but 20 Mbps is better; and a ping rate of 100-150 ms would work, but a 20 ms or below would be ideal. Check your speed: (http://www.speedtest.net/). In conclusion, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, so if “both” the PC gaming console and internet connection are solid – your son or grandson will have a wonderful and exciting online gaming experience
Things to know / Tips:
- This gaming PC is Wifi compatible and comes with a Wifi adaptor, and although Wifi is more desirable, this is a gaming PC, so you may want to think about running an Ethernet cable for a uninterrupted and better online gaming experience.
- The red led fans located in the tower which creates a pleasant ambiance are not interchangeable and cannot be turned off.
- This PC does not come equipped with a CD drive; or sound, so you will need an external source such as speakers, monitor, TV; or you can simply plug in a pair of headsets.
- Yes, this PC does support both the HTC VIVE and Oculus Rift VR, however you would need to purchase one of these items separately to enjoy the VR feature. May need additional RAM to play VR games that are extremely demanding?
- Although this gaming PC is great for 1080p gaming as is, there is additional room for future expansion.
- Customers thinking about building their own gaming PC have stated that after pricing the components alone, without even thinking about the labor or time needed for researching the items said that they could not build one this inexpensively; which really makes the case for a great “value” gaming PC.
- The off-brand PSU cannot support a larger GPU or CPU that is more demanding, so if you are considering upgrading, take this into consideration. You may also want to consider upgrading the RAM on the graphics card as well.
- Finally, the wiring is very nicely routed throughout the tower; and looks clean and professional.
- Speed & performance
- VR Ready
- No bloatware
- Highly recommended
- Room to upgrade
- No CD drive
- Off-brand PSU
- Stock fans
My Overall Take:
CyberPowerPC systems are the preferred choice of top gamers everywhere and this PC gaming console provides the speed, performance, reliability, and overall value that make it one of my top rated gaming PCs. When your son or grandson gets behind the controls and experiences the power - they will be amazed!
But please do your own research, click on the link below to check out all the reviews on Amazon, and you will be extremely impressed as well.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme GXIVR8020A5 review and I look forward to helping you out again, and again in the future.